Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Holiday....whatever?

Is anyone else feeling like you just wish you weren't at work? Not because you don't like the job or the people you work with (although I do have some friends in that situation) but simply because the holidays are drawing near and you'd just rather not be in the office.

I'm telling you, it is a struggle for me. I do love my job and the people I work with, but I do not want to be sitting here at this desk working. I feel like I need to be "out there" doing something other than what I'm doing. I think it is a result of years spent in school, counting down the days until the Christmas break, which lasted for two weeks. Two whole weeks of doing nothing. Then once Christmas break was over, you knew it was back to work. It's funny....once the new year rolls around and I put up the Christmas ornaments and clean the corner where the tree now stands, it will be back to business as usual. Just like when I was in school.

Part of my apathy this time, is a strong desire to go and be somewhere where God and I can be together. I'm working through some things in my mind and I'd like to just go away from everyone and read the Word and talk to God. Maybe I should take a day off and do that anyway. Hmmm.....

Anyway, thought I'd post something during one spell of apathy here at my desk. Still no news on the iBook. It could be the end of this week or even next week before I get it back. *groan* I'll survive, I suppose.

No comments: