Thursday, June 16, 2005

Losing touch...

I have been without my laptop for the past week, and won't have it again until Monday or Tuesday of next week. Can't give any real details about how and why that has occurred, but suffice it to say, when I get my laptop, I will be a very happy camper!

Speaking of camp - we are overrun with camps here at FCA. We had our leadership camp two weeks ago; we'll start another camp on Monday, at which I'm the "music director" (more on that in a sec); then we have a coaches cruise that begins two weeks from today. Of course, I'm just totally upset about having to go on that cruise - not!!! I can hardly wait!!!

Anyway, about doing the music at our Power Camp - this will be the first time I've served at an FCA event in any capacity other than my paid job description (administrative assistant, etc.) In addition to that, it has been a few years since I've directed the music for kids age 7-13. It is going to be a ton of fun...we'll do some of the old favorites: Arky, Arky...Shake a Friend's Hand...maybe even Father Abraham (to name a few.) Kids love songs with motions. :) It will be really interesting since I'll have to teach the motions AND play the piano. I'm looking forward to it, though. I'm glad my boss will be out of town - I don't know why I would feel weird about him being there, except that I know he would see me cutting up in a way he doesn't see here at the office! It will be awkward enough since I don't know any of the kids!

Well, hopefully once July gets here, I will be able to post more frequently. Lots of things are happening and I stay more focused when I write about what's going on. I feel sort of scattered these days because I'm not writing on a regular basis. It's rather strange - I don't keep up with things as well when I have to hand-write everything down. I'm a much better typist. :)

No comments: