Saturday, April 17, 2004

Time for a change

Ok, I did it. I made a huge change in my life. After nearly four years of careful nurturing, washing and brushing...I had 10 inches of my hair cut off! This is the second time in my adult life that I've made such a drastic change. I hope to have pictures up by the end of the weekend. Needless to say, I love it!

The good news is that all that hair has not gone to waste. I had it cut so that I could donate my hair to Locks of Love. This organization takes donated hair and makes wigs for children who have lost their hair. My roommate had said she was going to do it, and I knew that I would eventually want to get my hair cut, so I decided to grow it long enough for that purpose. I hope they can use my hair. Did you know it takes about 10 ponytails for them to make one wig? On their website, they say that most of the donated hair comes from children. What a great way to teach a child about giving. If I had a daughter, I sure would talk with her about doing this, especially if she had hair like mine - thick and curly.

I hope to get back on a more regular schedule this week. I have to admit - I didn't get enough sleep last week, and it was my own fault. I plan to correct that this week. :) Otherwise, I will be a bear by mid-week.

Anyway, more about the hairstyle change tomorrow. Blessings to you all!

No comments: