Saturday, August 13, 2005

Is it just me...

or is everyone super busy?!?! I can't believe how crazy life seems to be.

Well, I survived my first ever Lock-In where I was in charge of everything! We had a great time - I just hope my kids got something from our time together. I had a special guest speaker come, and what he shared was really great. I know God planted some seeds...I hope I will get to see them grow into something awesome! If not, I'll just spend my time watering those seeds and planting new ones. For those of you reading this that might not understand what I mean - let's just say, I know Jesus began a work in the hearts of my youth and I hope to see them become solid in their commitments to surrender themselves to Him in every aspect of their lives. I want them to be able to say (as I do) "I can't imagine living life without Jesus."

The kids seemed to really enjoy it and I had some pretty good games (how would we survive without the internet!?!?) I came up with one "event" that was a smash hit! It was like a segment of "Fear Factor"! I had three volunteer teams of two people each - one person was the "giver" the other person the "receiver". The "receiver" sat on the floor at the end of the table with a plastic cap on their head, holding a bowl on top of their head. The "giver" had two pans in front of them - the first pan had gummy worms covered by whipped cream. The other pan had crushed corn flakes in it. The object of the game was for the "giver" to root around in the whipped cream to find gummy worms with their mouths (hands behind their backs), dip them into the corn flakes and then into the bowl on the "receiver's" head. The team with the most worms in the bowl wins. As I said, I had three teams and after the worms were counted, we had a tie between two of them! That mean another round - and it was gross!!!!! They loved it!! Why is that? The grosser something is, the better. It was too funny!!!

Anyway, I now know why lock-ins happen only once or twice a year! I was exhausted all week!!! My sleep schedule was thrown off and I just couldn't seem to get rested. I think not working out for the past two weeks also contributed to that. I worked out today and feel a lot better.

On top of the youth group, things with the street ministry are taking off. We've got more people involved than we've ever had and there may be two guys that we'll be working with to help get off the street. We've been able to establish relationships with them and now they've asked us to help. We'll see what happens! I can't wait to see what God does in all of this!

My job has also been keeping me busy. It's the end of our fiscal year, budgets are due next week and we have a major golf tournament next month. As if that wasn't enough, I'm making a quick 2 day trip to Kansas City next week - and I'll be going back in November. I'm loving it, but it sure is wearing me out!!!

I guess it's a good thing I'm not involved in a relationship right now. I would be more likely to try and concentrate on the relationship and I would neglect the other stuff. I sort of did that with the last one, and I think I need to learn how NOT to do that! It will be a thought hovering not too far in the back of my mind should I get involved with someone in the near future. That, too, is in God's hands.

Well, I should get to bed - my sleep schedule is still off! Later!

No comments: