Sunday, December 28, 2003

How time flies!

Well, folks, another Christmas has passed and we are fast approaching the end of another year. What happens to time? I can remember when I was a kid and the school year seemed to last for years and Christmas took forever to get here! Now it seems January hardly passes before it's July 4th and then you blink and Christmas has arrived. Sometimes I don't like getting older.

In spite of the speed at which the holidays have passed, I must say I'm glad it's over. This past week has been hard. I think I spent too much time alone. At times, I didn't even like myself, but that, too, is passing. :)

On a lighter note, there were several things I did during the holidays that were some of my own favorite traditions: decorating the tree, watching my favorite holiday movies - "It's a Wonderful Life", "Holiday Inn", "White Christmas", and baking pecan pies. I didn't get to watch Charles Dickens', "A Christmas Carol". My favorite version of that movie is the one with Patrick Stewart as Ebenezer Scrooge. George C. Scott is my other favorite "Scrooge". I did, however, see it live at the local theater. That was cool.

Should God allow it, I can't wait for the day when I have a family and we establish our own holiday traditions. To me, the family traditions are the best part of the holidays.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed yourselves immensely! Most importantly, I hope you were able to think about the One who is the Reason for the season.

No comments: