Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Overwhelmed

Yesterday, I was so overwhelmed by the blessings of God in my life. There are so many exciting things happening - I'm a youth minister, I've started a new business, there is a "special someone" in my life (still developing), I've made some new friends - who are bringing some excitment into my life :) - and most importantly, I feel like I've really been growing in my relationship with God. It has been an incredible year - and we're only 26 days into it! I can only imagine what the rest of the year will be like. So last night when I got home (I had dinner with my new friends - we had a blast!) I was so overcome with all the good things in my life. I couldn't help but give praise to God!

I've been trying to be more thankful to God and praise and worship Him each day. Worshipping God has been a hot topic in my quiet time and thoughts over the last few weeks. (I'll write more on that later.)

Anyway - today I was overwhelmed with a slew of emotions. It was so tough! All I wanted to do all day is cry! It was so crazy. I really hate when that happens - you know, a real high followed by a serious low. Fortuantely, that doesn't happen often in my life and when it does, I can usually identify some things that led to my low. One of the things that helped bring it about today is all the stuff I have going on at work. We have a major event this weekend, and today was extremely stressful in dealing with it. I was already weepy when I got to work, and the stress of what I had to deal with today didn't help.

The good news is - I'm much better now! As Scarlett says, "tomorrow is another day!" I know it will be better.

No comments: