Monday, February 21, 2005

Struggling through

Let me ask a question - why is the knowledge that God is working things out (and He is concerned with every aspect of my life) not enough to get through the emotions and reality of today? Does anyone else ever struggle with this? I know that He is moving and working in my life, and yet for some reason it isn't enough in this moment when doubt and fear are trying to grab hold of me.

For the past week, I have been trying to live out the idea that "God is enough." If I have Him, then all is well. I've been trying to know what it means to be satisfied with God - not just depend on the happy feelings or emotion of my experiences surrounding God in my life. I'm not sure I even understand how to go about being satisfied with just Him, or even what that really means...but I'm trying. I'm seeking and asking and expect Him to show me.

I just want to know how to make my feelings and emotions agree with what I know and believe in my mind. If someone figures that out, would you let me know?

No comments: