Monday, September 29, 2003

I have not forgotten

that I have a blog! I just do not have internet at my house for a while.

It is a crazy story!

Here's the deal: one of my roommate's paycheck bounced! Can you believe that!?!?!?! She has been going absolutely crazy trying to get this mess straightened out. As a result, she has had hundreds of dollars in NSF and returned check fees (which she will recoup from the company she works for). It has affected all of us - she wrote checks on behalf of her sister (who was out of checks at that time) and also wrote me a check for some money she owed me. Needless to say, it screwed my bank account up and I have been winging it until payday (which is tomorrow - thank God!)

So.....our cable and internet access was cut off because of this fiasco. It will be a few days until I get the hi-speed internet connected. We've decided not to get cable for the time being. One reason is we are trying to save money; the other reason is, my roommate Deedee and I are starting a daily devotional titled "A Call to Die" by David Nasser. One of the things it suggests for the study to be effective is to commit to fasting from something for the 40 days it takes to go through the book. Deedee and I both feel like TV is what God is calling us to fast from. I haven't tallied the total hours a week I've spent watching tv because I'm scared to know how much of my time has been wasted in front of the tube.

Anyway, this is one of the goals I had in mind when I posted this article. I still haven't taken the time to write out my list of goals, but I will be able to do that now that I'm fasting from tv!!! I'm excited about this study and will share my experiences about what I learn.

No comments: