Thursday, October 23, 2003

Finger Update!

Well, good news - I'm almost back 100%!!!! Almost!

My finger is/was broken, but not like one would think. I went to an orthopedic doctor on Tuesday and had him check it out. He told me that when my finger bent backwards (when I hit the floor!) the ligament in my finger had a good hold on the bone and basically pulled a small chip of the bone off. Ehhh! So it wasn't like the bone was broken in half or anything. THANK GOD!!!! I don't think I would have been able to handle a seriously broken finger!

I don't think my church would have liked it too much either, since I'm the pianist! It would have been terrible to sing to taped music.

Anyway, I am using all 10 fingers to type this post. My "broken" finger is still very stiff and sore (from the tissue damage more than the bone chip) and is colored a lovely mix of purples, greens and yellows. Fortunately, the bruising is fading away. I'll be glad when I can bend my finger and not notice!

No comments: