Thursday, October 09, 2003

Found some time

Here I am again at a local coffee shop, Cups, so that I can post to my website. I am tired of not having internet at my house, but it will be a couple of weeks before it gets hooked back up. Waiting for the next payday.

Finally got most of my money from Meagan's paycheck fiasco. I hope to get the rest of it by tomorrow. It's not a moment too soon, since my car insurance will expire on Monday if I don't get a check to them. (That's another result of the money problems caused by Meagan's paycheck bouncing.) Anyway, it is about to be resolved and God has still been faithful through it all. I am glad I know Him.

Speaking of God....this Bible study Deedee and I are doing is kicking my tail. I've come to realize it is a good thing...but VERY difficult! In my previous post, I mentioned that God is dealing with me on some issues in my life. It has been difficult to come face to face with these issues. The one thing I am more certain of than ever, is that I need a Savior. I thought I "had it together" on a lot of different things. That was one of my main problems. I had become comfortable with me the way I am, but what I am is still way short of Christ's standard. Darn. I'm just thankful for my Savior and for the grace and mercy that was provided to me by His sacrifice.

A scripture I've had to memorize for this study is Galatians 2:20 - "I no longer live, but Christ now lives in me. So I will live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." I've read that scripture before (as I'm sure most people have) but it definitely has more meaning now. I am awed and amazed at the price Jesus paid for me. The least I can do is to trust Him. (Another one of my incredible shortcomings!) It isn't easy, but I'm getting better at trusting Him.

No comments: