Thursday, June 26, 2003

Flattery does not get you everywhere....

"I'm going to make your car as pretty as you."

"Ok, thanks."

"You sure are a pretty lady."

"Thanks."

"Are you married?"..........."No"

"Dating anyone?"........."Uh, no."

"I sure would like to call you sometime."

(very awkward pause)

"Thank you?!"

No lie - this was an actual conversation from my life. It happened today. I must say, that's the first time I've ever been hit on like that. I did not know what to do.

There were several reasons why it would never happen, but for a split second I was way flattered! I mean, who doesn't want to hear that they are beautiful!? The only problem is, reality has a way of working itself into the picture.

Alas, I am no beauty queen, but for that instant someone considered me extra special. It was kinda nice!

No comments: