Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Life is definitely interesting

Well, me and one of my future roommates are still waiting to see a house we are VERY interested in. By tomorrow, we'll know for sure whether or not we totally like the house - if we do, then hopefully we'll know by the end of this week if we got it! I'm so ready for this to be over! The good news is, if this doesn't work out, another option has opened up! I don't understand this journey called life, but at least I do know the destination!!!!

I tell you, in the midst of all of this, I am being challenged spiritually. Over the past few years, I've struggled with breaking through the barriers that "religion" imposed upon my life - and feel like I've come a long way in learning how to have a relationship with Christ- but there are more lessons to be learned.

I'm learning a different side of Grace and freedom in Christ. I don't think most Christians fully understand these things. I know I don't. It's kind of scary. It is amazingly.....free! But, there's also a fine line between having freedom in Christ and crossing over into sin. This is my struggle. Let me explain.

I have formed some incredible friendships over the past few months with people who come from different backgrounds than myself. I cannot begin to describe how excited I am. These folks are incredible people and have amazing relationships with God. However, they are in a different place in their relationship with Christ than I am. Not saying either place is better than the other - just different. I am learning a lot about myself and my relationship with Christ because of their friendship. My struggle is learning how to be with them and accept them for who they are without changing what I know is necessary to keep me in a right relationship with Christ. Does any of this make sense?

I don't want to hold on to an idea just because it's what I was taught to believe. However, I don't want to do things or begin to accept a different attitude about things just because someone else does it and is not convicted in their spirit about it. After all, they have a different walk with Christ than I do.

I guess what I'm coming to realize is that if I don't keep my eyes on Christ and my ear tuned to His voice, I could begin to falter. I could step out of line with God's will for my life, because I was too focused on someone else. For me, this means that I need to learn to accept people for who they are and accept where they are and not necessarily change who I am.

I do know this - I do not want to be "stuck" in one place. It's just that I want the changes in my life to occur at Christ's prompting and not Christy's.

No comments: