Thursday, July 03, 2003

It is good to be home!

We are in! Well, at least Deedee and I are in! We absolutely love our house! I'll try to get some pictures this weekend so you can see, too! :)

It has been a long week. Since Sunday night, I haven't been to bed before 2 am until last night. I got to sleep a whole 2 hours longer! Moving is hard work, but the really tough part is getting everything in it's own place! I didn't realize how much junk I have!

Anyway, I hope to be a bit more regular with my posts, but I won't have internet connected at the house until next Thursday. Oh well....soon enough!

Now for something a little more uplifting: I was reading the Bible this morning and ran across a passage that was extremely comforting. In today's climate of political unrest, wars abroad and troubles in our daily lives, everyone needs something on which to hang their hope. At least I know I do. Hebrews 2:8 says:
"In putting everything under him (Jesus), God left nothing that is not subject to him. Yet at present, we do not see everything subject to him."
EVERYTHING is under the Jesus' control. Even though we don't see it right now, there is coming a day when it will be obvious to us all. I was just so encouraged when I read that. If you're having a rough time, have courage - Jesus is in control. If you don't see a way out of the situation, be strong - Jesus is in control of that situation. I don't know about you, but I really find that comforting.

I hope you all have a wonderful July 4th weekend. If you haven't read the Declaration of Independance do that sometime this weekend. It is truly inspiring. God bless you all!

No comments: