Thursday, July 24, 2003

A post for today...

Hey all. Seems like there's some problem with my commenting feature. If it doesn't get straightened out soon, I'll change to another service. I hate that because it means I'll lose all the great posts you've left until now. If you know a good commenting service to use, email me!

Well, anyway.....life goes on, doesn't it? ;)

On to something a little deeper....

Someone pointed out the following scripture to me the other day and I read it again last night:

"After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin." Hebrews 12:4

In this chapter, the writer of Hebrews is encouraging his readers to lay aside the "sin that so easily hinders" their progress and reminds them to keep their eyes on Jesus - the one who endured the cross. When we compare what Jesus endured to what we struggle with - there is no reason for us to lose heart. After all, we have not given our lives in our struggle against sin.

We all struggle with sin - that's just a fact. But I've come to realize in my own walk that I don't fight nearly hard enough to avoid sin. In fact, I sometimes don't put up any kind of fight.

Yikes! It really is convicting when I sit down and think of what my Savior did for me....and then realize I don't give my best effort in resisting sin. Now - I know I will fail. Even if I strive every day to totally resist sin, there is something I will miss. But you know what I mean - the sin (or sins) that continually raises its head in our everyday living. And you know as soon as you overcome that one, another is there to take it's place.......

Well, I guess that's the growing process. All I know is I want to be more like Him. I'm glad He's always there, prompting me, encouraging me and yes - even disciplining me. According to Hebrews 12:6, God disciplines those He loves. It is good to be loved!

No comments: