Monday, July 07, 2003

Today is a good day!

How about this - today is my birthday, I have the best roommate in the world and my website has registered over 1,000 hits!
Alright!

My roommate, Deedee, is the greatest! This morning, I woke up to my dog barking as Deedee was leaving the house. Very early. I thought maybe she had an early staff meeting (she's a teacher) and didn't think much of it. As I'm outside with my dog, she rolls back into the driveway, jumps out of her car and says "Happy Birthday! Breakfast for the birthday girl!" She had gone to McDonald's and gotten me breakfast! How awesome is that! That's not all....I go to get into my car and come to work, and lo and behold, my car is all painted up! She had painted birthday messages all over my windshields! You know..."Honk, it's her birthday!" "Happy, Happy Birthday!" "Birthday girl!" I couldn't believe it. No one had ever done that to or for me! I love it! She called me as I was driving to work, and of course I had to threaten her - "You are so dead!" I said. She just laughed and asked me if anyone had honked at me yet.

What a way to start the day! It is a good day!

No comments: