Sunday, November 09, 2003

Biker chick!

Well, it's official - I am now a member of the Soul Searchers Chapter of New Beginnings Motorcycle Ministry. Not only am I a member, they elected me Secretary/Treasurer. How's that for an interesting bit of news?!?!?

I was voted in on Friday night as member and officer and received my colors (back patch). I had my cloth patch sewn onto my denim jacket and it looks sharp!!! I've got to get a leather vest for my leather patch. The only thing is - I don't have a bike. Yet. :) I am working my way towards getting a motorcycle. It will probably take a year or so, but, Lord willing, I will have one! I'm not sure what I want - my first inclination is for a Harley Davidson. When people ask what you ride, I think it just sounds better.....Harley Davidson. Don't you? I will say this, my pastor has a fine Yamaha V-Star Custom 650cc and I would consider getting one of those, too. Anyway, I can't afford one right now, so I'll just be "window shopping" for a while.

In other news, I'll be leaving for Kansas City tomorrow morning. I'm going to our Home Office for New Staff Training. I'll be "training" new Administrative Assistants. This is my third year to go and I just love it! If I have internet access in the hotel we're staying in, I'll try to keep up with my posts. If not, I'll try to squeeze one or two in somehow.

Y'all have a blessed week and God bless!

No comments: