Sunday, November 16, 2003

There's no place like home!

"Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas (City) anymore!"

I am so glad to be back! Actually, I was home Thursday night, I've just been too busy to post.

Anyway, there is truly no place like home. I don't know if I feel that way because I'm becoming more of a homebody as I get older, or if I just truly love my home. I enjoyed my trip - we had fun and it was great seeing everyone from the Home Office - but after the second day, I was ready to come home! I missed my bed and my dog! :)

I've often wondered if I should have tried moving away from my hometown - either to go to college or to take a job in another state. I mean, I'm single, I have a degree in Accounting (although I'd probably have to go back to school for some refresher courses) and no real "thing", other than my parents and siblings, to tie me down. As a matter of fact, I have a standing offer with the Home Office for a job, should I decide to move there. "There" being Kansas City. They usually say it joking around (because they know I'd never leave my current job) but they are serious about the offer. It's nice to know people like you and want you around.

In spite of that, I am still here. I like being here. I love my house and my roommates. My church is fantastic. And, I truly enjoy my job and love the people I work with. On top of that, God is opening some doors for ministry - I've made some new friends at a local coffee shop and I'm looking forward to how God can use me to minister to them.

I guess, like Dorothy in the "Wizard of Oz", I realize that I don't need to go off to find happiness. Everything I need and love is right here. And that's just fine.

No comments: