Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Enjoying Kansas City!

Just caught a few minutes and thought I'd post something. Unfortunately, we don't have internet access at our hotel (what's up with that?) so I'm writing this live from our home office.

When I arrived Monday, I found out that I would have to present the Devotional on Tuesday morning, so I was up late Monday night pulling something together. It ended up being about worry - which as an admin assistant can be a constant companion. It was really cool, because the devotion was as much for me as for any of the other ladies. I used the passage in Matthew 6 where Jesus is talking to the crowd about not worrying about our needs. If He can keep up with the birds and the flowers, how much more does He care for us? It was really good. I think just having to dig into the Word like that was good for me. A couple of ladies came up and thanked me for the devotion, so at least it blessed someone else, too!

Anyway, we're having a great time. This class of admin's is very small and very quiet! They are really nice women, but not very lively. I think I'm the liveliest in the bunch, besides the other trainer from Florida - who is a close personal friend and my roommate here. Life is just too short to be dull!

Hope life is treating everyone well. I'll be home Thursday night, so hopefully I'll be able to post some other stuff then.

No comments: