Wednesday, November 26, 2003

I've been grounded

Alas, my friends, I am an artist without a paintbrush....my Mac has been sent in for service work. Honestly, it breaks my heart to even say that, seeing as how wonderful Mac's are. One would think they are invincible. Apparently, they are not.

My iBook gave up the ghost after a brief struggle that began yesterday. It seems that there is some problem with some part of the hardware, so it is being sent back to Apple to be fixed. Fortunately, it is still under warranty!! Woohoo!!!

Unfortunately, I won't have a computer for about 2 weeks! Aaagghhh! This means posts will be few and far between. (This is a busy time at work, so even getting online there will be hard!)

I know that there is a lesson in this. God is again using an event in my life to remind me that He is my source and everything I need. Just this past Sunday, our pastor shared from the scripture in 1 John 2:15-17 about "loving the world." From that, he brought out the fact that anything we value or love more than God reveals that His love is not in us. Ouch! Here, again, the harsh truth of the Word cuts deep.

It is really easy to get caught up in desiring and loving the "things" of this world. Before you start yelling, I'm not saying it's wrong to have things, but whenever they take our attention from God and what He wants to do in us and through us, we should give them up or at the very least, examine our attitude about those things and see how they line up with His Word.

I plan on using this time to focus my attention on Him and what He's speaking to me. Not only that, since this is the Thanksgiving holiday, instead of bemoaning the fact my computer is absent, I'm going to focus on what I do have to be thankful for. Perhaps I won't even miss my computer!

No comments: