Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Stop the world, I want to get off!

Is it just me or is life really speeding up? Man, I tell ya - it seems like it was just January 1st and here we are in November! As fast as time flies, I'm sure I'm missing something!

Anyway, we had a busy weekend. Our house is finally complete! Deedee and I drove to Arkansas to get a washer and dryer from her dad. (Adam, we were in your neck of the woods!) It was an all day trip, but we are now able to wash clothes whenever we want to! Woohoo!

I'm still working through "A Call to Die" by David Nasser. It has really been an eye opener for me. I got off track a couple of weeks ago and was feeling guilty about being so behind, but God once again showed me how He works in everything. It seems like everyday I've read exactly what I needed. I can see where a couple of times, I wouldn't have been open to what God is trying to do if I had "stayed on track". God is good!

I also started reading a book by Bunny Wilson - "Knight in Shining Armor - Discovering Your Lifelong Love". It is fabulous! She encourages the reader to take six months, put a sign up (so to speak) that you are "Under Construction" and take the time to really get to know yourself and your True Husband - Jesus. It's kind of neat because I had already purposed in my heart to do just that. That was one of the reasons I began "A Call to Die". At the end of each chapter, there are questions to consider and activities to do, so I'm going to work through each of those as well. I am really excited by what God is doing in my life. I would encourage any single women reading this post to get that book. I read the whole thing last night, but now I'm going to go back and take time to work through each principle. She also has another book - "Liberated Through Submission - God's Design for Freedom in All Relationships". I started reading through that one and it is really eye opening as well.

Well, enough about all that. Today is beautiful and I am thankful to God for all He has done and is doing in my life. Here's a scripture for you:

O god, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and glory. Your unfailing love is better to me than life itself; how I praise you! I will honor you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer. You satisfy me more than the richest of foods. I will praise you with songs of joy! Psalm 63:1-5

No comments: