Monday, March 31, 2003

Thought for the day

Read this post from a friend's blog. Sound familiar to anyone?

I must confess, there have been times when I thought about, talked about, or even made plans about sharing the Gospel with others - but never really did anything. Sometimes, though, I think we are hindered from sharing Christ with others because of all the "training" and "teaching" we have been through. Sharing Christ should come straight from the heart - straight from what He has done in one's life. There is not one set way to share the Good News with others. Thank God!

We can only talk about those things we know for ourselves. There is no way I can share Christ based on your experiences, because I haven't come to know Him through your trials and triumphs. I can only speak from my own experience. God has designed each of us to be unique and we each have our own testimony through which we can share Christ with others.

I'm glad I don't have to "perform". I can just be me and tell others what God has done in my life and that He loves them and wants to be a part of their lives, too. The rest is up to Him!

No comments: