Thursday, March 13, 2003

Worship

I read the following in a devotional book this morning, "The Words of Christ":

"We would not think of buying a size twelve anything when we know we wear a sixteen. Yet we cram God's Spirit into ten-minute intervals and insist He do something in the time we give him.

...But an hour is coming, and now is here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth. Yes, the Father wants such people to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:23-24

The key to worship is a willingness to be alone with Him, to approach Him only in the Spirit."

I realized that I don't do that. Most of the time, I come to God asking for something - hoping He does it in a short amount of time - and then run away back into my life when He doesn't respond when and how I want. I hardly ever just come to Him so I can be with Him. God, forgive me!

No comments: