Friday, August 08, 2003

The Last Day

Alas, tis my last day of vacation. :(

It's been fun....just wish it could last a few more days. As a matter of fact, I still have about 5 days vacation due to me but I have to use them before September 1. There's no chance that I could take another week off! I'm just going to have to get better at planning vacation throughout the year instead of waiting until the summer to get it in.

There is some good news though - I'll be going to Kansas City for about 5 days in November - and it doesn't count against my vacation! Every year I go to our home office for new staff training (as a trainer) so I have the opportunity to be away from the office. What fun!

So, I'm sure you're just dying to know what I've been doing this week....right? Well - not much! I went swimming a couple of days with my sister-in-law and the kids - taught my niece Hannah how to swim. She is amazing! I couldn't get her to swim on top of the water or to float, but when I suggested she try swimming under the water - she took off like a fish!!! Hannah is only 5 and has never really had a chance to swim, so this week was a lot of fun. She got so brave, that she was jumping off the side of the pool and then would swim under water to the other side of the pool. It was cool! She got to show her daddy, mamaw and papaw that she could swim. Needless to say, they were all proud of her.

My other niece, Mackenzie, 3, was a little more cautious - she wouldn't swim - but she was all over the pool in her little Cookie Monster float! She eventually would jump off the side of the pool wearing her float. We were all proud of her too!

Last, but not least, we have Nathaniel, 2. He stayed to the edge of the pool in his Big Bird float most of the time, but would venture out with his mom or with me every so often. A couple of times, he tried to get in without his float, but his mom caught him. By the end of the day (yesterday), he wanted to jump into the pool (without his float). So I would stand there and catch him. He also tried it with his float. I think he decided to go for it because Mamaw and Papaw were watching. Anyway - we all had a great time!

As for what else I did this week - not a whole lot. It's been kind of nice. There were times this week I wished I was at the beach, but over all - it was a good week.

It's just over way too soon.

No comments: