Thursday, August 14, 2003

Over the river and through the woods...

To Deedee's grandma's house we go!

My roommate, Deedee, and I will be leaving on Friday to go visit her grandma and grandpa in Louisiana. I'm looking forward to meeting her grandparents - especially since all of mine have been gone for many years. I'll get a good grandparent hug from anywhere I can! :)

i just love grandparents!!!! They are so awesome.

There's nothing I like better than sitting around listening to older folks telling stories about their childhood and the "way things used to be." We can learn a lot from our elders, if we just take the time to listen to what they have to say. Some of my best memories I have of time spent with my grandparents was sitting around with all the family there (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) listening to stories they had about each other and what they went through growing up. We always had a good time.

So, I'll be gone for a couple of days, but in the famous words of a soon-to-be governor - "I'll be back!"

TTFN!!

No comments: