Thursday, March 25, 2004

Deja vu!

It has happened again!

Alas, I am once again computer-less. :( It seems that when Apple repaired my computer in November, they may have replaced the bad logic board with another one from the same lot. Last night, as I was working on the previous post, my computer froze up, the screen started going haywire and before long, I was trying to start up my computer again. The computer worked, but there was no monitor. I had to turn around and write my post in long-hand (and then re-type it this morning). I hate when that happens, because I don't feel like what I end up re-writing is as good as the first time I wrote it!

Anyway, I took it to the repair shop and they are sending it out to be worked on. Hopefully, I won't have to wait 3 weeks to get it back! The good news is this - it is still under warranty! I haven't had the thing a year yet! The other good news is, even if I had been out of warranty, they still would repair it at no cost. This problem with the logic board was a manufacturing defect or something. Evidently, there have been a lot of iBooks crash with this problem.

So, posts from me may be sparse over the next week or so. We're right in the middle of our busy season here in the office, which will make posting during business hours very difficult. ;)

No comments: