Tuesday, March 02, 2004

What a whirlwind!

Well, this past weekend was interesting.

Friday afternoon about 2pm, I received a call from my mother. My brother was being taken from his job, via ambulance, to the hospital. He was presenting all the classic symptoms of a heart attack. Mind you, my brother will be 29 in April. So I left work, went and picked up my sister-in-law and went with her to the hospital.

I won't bore you with all the details, but suffice it to say, he is fine. They kept him overnight for observation, (and his wife stayed with him, also) so I got the privilege of staying with their four kids. We had a good time. They all call me "Kiki" and get so excited when they can spend the night with me or I with them. Of course, the last time I spent the night at their house was when child #4 was being born last September. I love those kids.

Needless to say, the weekend was a little stressful. Something like that makes you look at how quickly our lives here on earth can be over. *sigh* Just another "thought" to add to the "thoughts" still going through my mind since seeing "The Passion of The Christ." Perhaps, more on that later.....I'll be seeing it again later this week.

On a lighter note, as you may or may not know, Leap Year "Day" (Feb. 29) is also considered "Sadie Hawkins Day". Ladies, that is our opportunity to snag that "man of our dreams" and ask him to marry us - or simply go out on a date! So, at church that morning, a group of us adults were talking about it and cracking jokes. Of course, I feigned dismay at not realizing what day it was and lamented missing my "opportunity". Unbeknownst to me, my 5 year old niece was listening to this exchange.

Later that day at my parent's house, she comes up to me and says, "Kiki, Kiki....I need to tell you something." So, I bent down to let her talk in my ear, and here is what she says...

"Kiki, did you find a boy to marry yet?"

Folks, I about died laughing. My poor niece got embarrassed, but I couldn't help it. I was laughing so hard and everybody asked what she said, so I told them. I just thought it was so cute! Unfortunately, I had to tell her I hadn't, but my mom, trying to encourage my niece, told her she could pray for God to bring me a husband. Isn't that sweet?!?!

Every now and then, she'll come up to me and ask me when I'm getting married. What she really wants to know is when am I going to have a baby! That question is what has precipitated her interest in me finding a husband! *sigh* Kids - gotta love 'em!

One other thing - I just finished the most fantastic book! A Violent Grace by Michael Card, is one of the best books I've read in a while. Admittedly, it could be because my heart has been dwelling on Christ's sacrifice, but Michael Card's writing is so beautiful and thought provoking. He is an excellent theologian and writer. If you get a chance, pick up this book. In my opinion, it is a great read alongside viewing "The Passion of The Christ." Now I'm reading Max Lucado's book, He Chose the Nails. Good stuff! All about my Jesus! :)

Later!

No comments: