Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Good Intentions

This is turning into a (for lack of a better word)...interesting week. I've just been in a funk. My goal was to stay home each night - which I've done - and work on getting some music together for our worship team. However, I haven't gotten to that yet.

Last night, I came home, took my dog walking, came home and washed the dog, cleaned the house a bit, watched a little tv (and I do mean a little), cooked something my roommate had left out, paid bills and finally got to bed around 1 am. I was so tired today, I didn't even read my devotional this morning. Still haven't. Had a weird dream, too. In the dream, for some reason, my family and I were hosting a party for some celebrity, but whoever it was didn't want a big throwdown. So if certain people showed up to the house, it meant the word was out and therefore the party would be cancelled. Well, Dennis Quaid shows up drunk and the party gets cancelled....all I remember after that was trying to put him in the bed so he could sleep off his drunkenness. Isn't that a crazy dream? I have no idea where it came from!

Anyway, as you can tell, tonight I'm not working too hard on the music. Took the dog walking again and then came home and cut her hair. What a mess that was! I'm struggling with the desire to work on another project I've been putting off for a while: cataloging all of my books and cd's. When I do that, I can re-organize my bookshelves. They are an absolute mess....you should see them.

So I sit here, trying to get my thoughts in order, and shift gears to focus on the music. I always resist doing what I know I should do. I'm sure no one else has that problem. :)

I know, I'll go get something to eat first and then begin on the music. Oh yeah...sounds like a plan.

No comments: