Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Wish I had a few more days

Yes, I'm back, but not quite ready to get back to the usual grind. :)

My visit to Southern Illinois was quite interesting. I accused my roommate of driving me around for 6 1/2 hours and taking me to a small town somewhere in the south. Those folks were more "southern" and "country" than I am!!! It was wild. In more ways than one. Suffice it to say, I'm glad to be home. :)

I've got some thoughts floating around in my mind, but haven't had the time to pull them into a cogent post.

One thought I will leave with you - if we do not keep ourselves focused on Jesus, we won't be able to resist temptation. I've learned of some things this week that have just reinforced that fact in my mind. I believe God is just reminding me that I need to trust Him for my every need. I can't do that unless I look to Him for everything. I need to go to Him first for every decision I make - including those small decisions (like whether or not I should buy another book or cd). I believe that when I learn to trust Him with the small stuff, the big stuff will be easy. I haven't mastered this, but I'm learning.

No comments: