Saturday, March 06, 2004

I can't believe I'm still up

Here it is 2am again, and I am awake. Something must be wrong with me.

Actually, I got involved with downloading some music and time just went by swiftly. Plus, I've been washing clothes and my dog. :) I'm insane, though. Our Motorcycle Ministry is hosting a "Poker Run" tomorrow. It is a fundraiser. I'm excited, since this is our first big event. Here's a brief run-down on a poker run:

Any biker is welcome to participate. They start at a designated location and register, pay their entry fee (which is $10) and get the form they need to record their "hand". There are a total of five stops at various places around the city. At each stop, members of our group will be there with a bag containing a deck of cards. Each biker selects a card from the bag. We then record which card the pulled and then they move on to the next stop. At the last stop, everyone's "hand" will be compared and the person with the best "hand" will win. The rules for winning are based on 5-card stud poker with no wild cards. Whoever wins, gets 1/2 of the total money collected for the event. I'm not sure if we have a 2nd or 3rd place....if so, the 1/2 of the "Winner's Take" gets divided among the top three. (It's 2 am, so I'm not real clear on details right now.)

Now, some of you may be shocked that a ministry is hosting a "Poker Run". I think it's a fabulous idea! How else will we be able to reach out to those who don't know Christ? There are men (and women) who are hard-core bikers that will participate in this type of an event. The whole point is it's fun, they get to ride and possibly win some cash. On our side of the coin, there is a tremendous opportunity to begin the process of building relationships with people who need to know Christ. Who wouldn't want to participate?

I'll be sure to update you on what happens. :)

No comments: