Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Better luck next time

Ok, so I didn't go see the movie tonight. There were more bodies than seats, so I gave my seat up.

I won't lie....I'm upset. I had geared myself to see this movie and now I'm just really disappointed. Whatever...I'll work through it and get over it. :)

Here's something to think about, though - my roommate had come and was helping me make sure the reserved seats went to the right people, so we had commandeered two seats for ourselves. As the crowd kept growing and seats began to run out, there was this Indian couple (from East India) that had come to see the film. Without a second thought, I gave them our seats.

Perhaps those two people needed to see that film tonight.

You see, after the film, there will be an opportunity for people to give their lives to Christ. If those people don't know Christ but have been wondering about Him, maybe seeing this film will impact their lives and lead them to the foot of the cross. I certainly hope so.

Nevertheless, I will eventually see the film. I may try to see if I can leave work early tomorrow or just wait for a time when my roommate and I can go see it. I'll just have to wait and see. But, when I do, you can be sure I'll write about it!

No comments: