Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Expanding my knowledge

I was over at Jax Place reading her list of books she has read and plans on reading. I realized how little I've read! I was challenged to get on the ball!

Currently, we do not have cable at our house, but we've been contemplating getting the basic, basic cable - (you know, about 15 channels that includes all the local stations!). I don't know if I even want to do that. I find myself watching too much tv even now! Our biggest tv night is Monday. Me and one of my roommates have been sucked into the whole Fear Factor / Vegas / Average Joe line-up. Imagine how many chapters I could read in those three hours!

In addition to reading, I've wanted to expand my knowledge with some software that I have and I could even commit to learning that during those three hours. (Not to mention that I have some Online Staff Training I have to get done in the next few months!) What a waste! I can't believe I've given my time to that much tv!

Every day I get out of bed, I see my bookshelves - which are packed with books I've haven't gotten around to reading (as well as books I have read!) I could really save some money entertaining myself!

I'm going to make a concerted effort to not spend money on renting a movie, getting cable, or buying any new books and instead, start reading the books I've already paid for! I could be busy for a while! :)

No comments: