Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Will it ever end?

No, I have not died. But I did think about running away once or twice.

This has been the craziest week I can remember.

It started out with having to re-format the hard drive on my office computer. I did that on Sunday afternoon. Then, as it usually happens, re-installing software and getting my computer back to some semblance of it's prior self has taken three days. Most of the software installed without a hitch, but we have a new version of some software and it has had me running in circles since yesterday. I finally got it worked out with the help of our MIS department. Whew!

On top of that, yesterday when I was going home for lunch, as soon as I got on the interstate, I ran over something on the road (couldn't swerve because I had cars on both sides of me). My engine lights came on and I lost the ability to accelerate. So I moved to the side of the road, called a ride and a tow truck to haul my car to the shop. Turns out, all that had to be done was to reset the fuel inertia switch. Go figure. Good news: no serious damage to my car. Bad news: $160 expense I had not planned on. :( Anyway, God is good. He is taking care of me and I am grateful!

So I have one more day in this work week. (I'm going out of town this weekend.) I hope tomorrow goes well. I'm praying tomorrow goes well. I've got a lot to get done before we leave. My boss and I and eight other people will be going out of town. At least it will be a good weekend! I hope so, anyway!

No comments: