Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I'm proud to be an American!!!

Ok, I didn't get to hear every word of the President's speech (because I got to browsing around online - more about that in a sec) but what I heard made me proud to live in the greatest country on earth! I plan on downloading his speech and reading over it carefully in the next couple of days. Right now, I'm just trying to keep from screaming at Pelosi and Daschle on tv. Aaarrrggghhh! Do these people honestly think that if they keep repeating lies and half-truths long enough the people of America will believe them? OR that they will become true? I am truly amazed at their gall.

Anyway......

While the president was speaking about the victories in Iraq, I remembered that I've been wanting to look up some Iraqi blogs. You know, from people who actually live there and see what is going on. I found quite a few and have already linked to several. It is amazing to read how many of them are grateful for US intervention and for the changes taking place in their country. You won't hear about this stuff from our national media!

In case you are interested, here are the blogs I've linked to already:

Healing Iraq - Daily news and comments on the situation in post Saddam Iraq by an Iraqi dentist

Iraq & Iraqi's - Short Articles about the Mentality of Iraqi`s

Iraq at a Glance - Stories and news from Iraq after the liberation

The Mesopotamian - To bring one more Iraqi voice of the Silent Majority to the Attention of the World

No comments: