Sunday, January 11, 2004

Stuff

Since I'm up, I thought I'd post something....anything. :) Seriously, though....I do like to post. Having a blog causes me to look deeper into things. When I remember I have a blog *grin*, I tend to look at every situation as an opportunity to share, so when I don't post....it usually means I'm just skating by and not really paying attention. I don't like that. I've been in a rut (so to speak) and I'm trying to get out of it.

One of the things that has been on my mind of late is relationships. Since I'm not in one at the present time, I get to observe a lot. I am confident of one thing....when I am blessed to be in a relationship, I definitely want God to be in the middle of it! Relationships are so tricky and man, can they be painful! I guess that's just life in general...right?

Anyway, I've got a friend dealing with issues in a relationship. Talking with her and listening to what she's going through has caused me to again look at what my expectations are in regards to a relationship. Sometimes I wonder if my expectations are too high....if I'm too picky. And then I'll read something like what Scott writes and think, "no way am I too picky!" I'm glad to know there are others with high standards and expectations.

I've told God many times, if I can't have a better than average marriage, I'd just rather stay single. I've seen too many "average" marriages, and they just don't appeal to me. I mean, if marriage is supposed to be an example of Christ's love for us, something is missing somewhere for a lot of folks. I can't imagine Christ treating me (or anyone) the way I've seen some husbands and wives treat each other. (I just hope that I'll remember that when I get married!)

Like I said...it's tricky, this relationship business. I just know I have to focus on my relationship with Christ and everything else will fall into place. However, I still have a "list" of expectations when it comes to "Mr. Right". Some of them may be unrealistic, but I'm trusting that as I get closer to Christ, my expectations will become what they need to be so I will recognize "him" when he enters my life. I can't wait to see how that turns out!

No comments: