Thursday, January 22, 2004

We are so blessed

Last night, after I got home from church, I was reading through some of the Iraqi blogs I recently added to my blogroll. Here in America, we are truly blessed.

We often take for granted that our electricity works, the sewers aren't overflowing, we don't have to listen to bombs, mortars and gunfire (at least in most parts of the US!) on a daily basis, and most importantly, we do not have to learn how to "handle" Freedom. For the Iraqi people, this is every day living. I think it is hard for us to understand the turmoil they are dealing with. Of course, it is a welcome "turmoil". Those people whose lives are vastly improved with the downfall of Saddam are extremely happy and optimistic. From what I've read and seen (in pictures) over the past few days, their lives were lived in fear - unless they were a member of Saddam's regime, and even then, their lives weren't guaranteed. We cannot imagine living in that hell.

Keep our troops and the people of Iraq in your prayers. There are still those (mostly terrorists from outside Iraq) who do not want to see Iraq succeed and will do anything to stop progress.

As I said....we are so blessed!

No comments: