Monday, January 26, 2004

Life could get interesting

So, back at the end of December, I go shopping at Old Navy. While I'm there, I casually ask one of the sales people if they are hiring. She didn't know, but directed me to one of the managers, who gave me an application and spent a few minutes talking with me. He told me they would be hiring the first of February.

Anyway, I get the phone call tonight to come for an interview. I'm rather nervous - ain't that crazy? I can do whatever I set my mind to - of that I'm sure - and I worked retail for nearly 5 years.....so I'm not sure why I'm nervous. Perhaps it's just because it represents a possible change in my life.

In case you were wondering why I am looking for a part-time job, I've just got some debt I need to eliminate. I've really been convicted about being a good steward of my finances. It has never really been a priority, and I know I've disappointed God on more than one occasion. :) It is an area in my life that needs work, so I'm working on it!

I think I've sub-consciously been waiting for God to swoop down and erase my financial problems, all along knowing that I should be doing more to help myself get out of the mess I created. Now, I'm not saying that God can't "open up the floodgates" and take care of it all...but I don't think He's going to...at least not at the moment. Maybe He will bring along "Joe Millionaire" who will pay off all my debts (don't worry, I'm not holding my breath!), but for now, I must do all I can to please my Lord. Who knows how He will bless me! :)

One positive about getting a part-time job (besides being able to pay off some debts!) is that I will be around people who may not know Christ. What a ministry opportunity!!! Do you know how hard it is to share the Gospel when everyone you work with and know is already a Christian? That's one reason I was so excited when we moved into this house. There are two coffee shops within a mile of our house, and I've been able to meet new people who need Jesus. It has been a really cool thing.

So, we will see how this all pans out. It could make for some interesting posts...although I hope not fewer ones!!!!

No comments: